Use the questions below to help you begin your preparation before an interview
Remember, they are suggested questions only and are designed to start you thinking about the types of questions you may be asked. You may prefer to ignore them and think of your own set of questions.
Either way, it is a worthwhile exercise to think about what you might be asked before attending the interview.
- Tell me about your work experiences so far.
- What gives you the most satisfaction about your job?
- What gives you the least satisfaction about your job?
- What is it that attracted you to this position?
- Why are you/did you leave your last employer?
- Describe a situation where you have planned activities to meet targets?
- Tell me about a time where you have not been able to meet your targets. (Followed with examples like; What did you do about this? What were the implications of not meeting that target? What did you put in place to make sure this didn’t happen again? What did you learn from this?)
- What do you do if a member of your team does not turn up for work?
- What suggestions have you got for improving communications between departments in a Dealership?
- Talk me through what you believe Customer Service is?
- How will you ensure your team offers the best service they can to the customer?
- Describe a past experience where you have implemented a change to help improve customer service.
- In your previous role, how have you ensured that administrative systems are maintained accurately?
- Talk me through a situation in the past where you had to deal with an unacceptable variance in your budget.
- What matters most to you about the company you work for?
- What matters most to you about the person you work for?
- Tell me what you know about us.
- Are there any questions you would like to ask me?